Saheli Asian Women’s Project provides advice, information and support services to Asian women and their children fleeing domestic abuse and/or forced marriages and is based in Manchester, UK.
Saheli gives Asian women a chance to get away from violent domestic situations by providing an environment which is safe, culturally familiar and which helps them come to decisions of their own about the next steps. If you are an Asian woman, with or without children and you are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse and would like support, you may call us in confidence. Our staff can speak English, Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi.
Following her visit to Saheli in September 2014, Seema Malhotra MP, Shadow Home Office Minister for Preventing Violence Against Women and Girls said:
Saheli has made a huge difference to the lives of so many women and children at their time of greatest need. The compassion, sensitivity and professionalism of the staff has been a lifeline for service users, giving them the strength to get through their times of crisis and then start to rebuild their lives. I pay tribute to their work and to that of the management and trustees.
- Saheli launches its JustGiving page!
- Mental health Awareness Event 10th October 2017, Longsight library, Manchester
- Conference 1st December 2016: In the Name of Honour – Breaking the Silence
- This is not my destiny – Free conference reflecting on responses to forced marriage in England and Wales
- Celebrating Health & Wellbeing & International Women’s Day